There is No Such Pill for Penis Enlargement
Men are obsessed with the size of their organ and it is no myth. The number of advertisements for penis-enlargement products is a moot testimony to this obsession. There are pills, exercises, weights, surgeries, all competing with one another to increase the size of men’s penises. And if these sites are mushrooming, it is simply because there is no dearth of customers.
But are all these techniques that are advertised really effective?
Normal size of a man’s penis
Most men think that their penis is too small to satisfy their partners adequately. They feel that the size of the penis is the single most important factor for having pleasurable sex. When they go around seeing these advertisements, they tend to develop insecurities about their own penis. However, studies have shown that the size of the penis is not an important factor during sex. Men with a small size penis may enjoy the act with their partners while men who are relatively better endowed may be bereft of this satisfaction. Pleasure during sex is more to do with the emotional aspect than the physical one.
But still, let us bust some myths about the ‘adequate size’ of penis. According to the doctors:
- A normal penis measures anything between 3 to 5 inches when not erect and between 5 to 7 inches when it is erect.
- A penis is considered to be small only when it is less than 3 inches while erect. This condition is called as micropenis in medical parlance.
Efficacy of penis enlarging pills and other techniques
Some of the commonly promoted methods of enlarging the size of the penis include pills and lotions, vacuum pumps, stretchers, exercises and surgeries. Let us look into their efficacies.
- Pills, lotions and creams: Most of them contain a mixture of yohimbe (also called as herbal Viagra), ginseng and horny goat weed. They may also contain vitamins, minerals and various hormones. Although they are sold under the promise of penis enlargement, none of these pills, creams or lotions has ever been found to be effective.
- Vacuum pumps: These may make the penis look big temporarily as they work by drawing blood into the penis. A tourniquet is then tied to the base of the penis to prevent the blood from escaping from the penis back into the body. But the routine use of this procedure can damage the elastic tissue of the penis leading to problems with erection apart from blisters, bruises, and discoloration and thickening of the penile skin.
- Stretchers: There are devices available in the market which can be clamped on to the penis. They are used for as long as eight hours every day and work by stretching the skin of the penis with the help of tensions or weights. There is a remote possibility of stretching the skin of the penis by this method but there is absolutely no effect on the size of the penis during erection. Moreover, it carries the risk of tearing the blood vessels and tissues of the penis.
- Exercises: Certain exercises like “jelging” have also been described in order to increase the penis size. However, their efficacy has never been proven.
- Surgeries: Several surgical techniques have also been employed to increase the size of the penis. But the results are dubious. On the other hand, there is always a high risk of causing permanent disfigurement of the penis.
Doctors around the world are of the view that there is no such pill for penis enlargement. Other methods of enlarging the penis are also ineffective. One must learn to be satisfied with whatever one has got and focus his energies in improving the emotional relationship with one’s partner. Therein lays the true pleasure of sex.